Friday, October 7, 2011

Product review: Tuf Wear 16oz Sparring gloves


This is my first product review for "Like Water", and first one for me as well. I do this all the time at the gym mainly because i've wasted plenty of money searching for the right equipment. From mouthguards to headgear to gym bags if they make it I have wasted money on it. So when somebody asks about equipment I can surely steer them in the right direction. Let's see if I can do the same for you, laymans terms of course.
The first product to be reviewed will be Tuf Wear sparring gloves. I recently had my gear bag stolen out of my car carrying easily $1000.00 worth of stuff inside(yep, still sucks) including my Top King gloves. So obviously I needed to replace these ASAP. I went on a mission ordering one pair that was made with synthetic leather(sold em'), another pair that tore up inside the first day I used them they were horrible. I was already broke and not sure how I was gonna get a quality pair of gloves for a cheap price. I had seen these Tuf Wear gloves a million times on the Title boxing website. I even own and use a pair of the original Tuf Wear lace up gloves when I want to work on power. So, for 59 dollars I had to try them out, to broke to shoot any higher. Holy crap they are exactly what I was looking for. The leather is nice, the design is a really cool black and white two tone and the double wrist strap adds extra protection that you just don't find in gloves at this price. The original Tuf Wear gloves have a canvas type of interior that just really added value to the gloves they were made well and felt great. I was curious about how that was going to translate to the new style. The gloves interior is soft and and made of some sort of cloth presumably cotton. It felt like putting a pillow on my hand. The gloves are firm and perfect for sparring and bagwork. After 2 mos of heavy usage they are still like new. At this price there is no reason to hesitate. I will get a pair of Top King gloves again but these are half the price and are an awesome buy. So go buy a pair and punch a friend in the face, you'll thank me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment