Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Water can flow and it can crash"


Well this is the first of many blogs to come and I just thought I would give a background on the the name of the blog and myself. Like water as most martial artist know is quoted from Bruce Lee's famous interview in which he explained how to be as a martial artist. How we should not get caught up in forms and styles because that put simply is limiting. We should adapt to each situation as they are all different, some fighters are short and stout and like to work inside while others are long and have great reach and prefer to work from range. On the ground during grappling some fighters like to muscle their opponents while others are patient and like to use decisive technical ability. You would not attempt to fight these opponents all the same way. In order to be successful you must adapt and change for each fighter.


I myself have been studying different forms of martial arts since the age of 11. Now I get asked all the time "are you one of those MMA guys?", I simply reply "no, i'm a freestyle fighter". I enjoy stand up striking as well as ground, also throwing arts like Judo and Sanshou. I love training different things and feeling confident that I can hold my own in any given situation. I plan on covering different training aspects as well as giving my humble opinions on everything from boxing to Jiu Jitsu. I don't claim to know it all but I do want to share my thoughts and I encourage you to join in on the discussion. So here we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment