Wednesday, September 21, 2011

American Muay Thai is legit!

Ok first I must start this off by saying this is merely my humble opinion. If you're an american thai boxer be proud of what you do. I often hear and read criticisms online and in interviews about how thai boxers and trainers laugh at americans that claim they train muay thai. "We don't kick properly, we don't punch properly, our defense sucks, and we move too much, god forbid we don't want to take ridiculous amounts of punishment for no reason. I totally understand that what they see is not thai boxing from Thailand, but we are not from Thailand we are from America. I think it would be ludicrous to think there's some beef between brazilians and japanese over who owns jiu jitsu. We train very hard here and no we don't kick exactly the same, maybe cause a whole lot of us come from some sort of karate or tae kwon do background. I promise my kicks still hurt. As far as moving and actual hand strikes being different well most of us grew up on western boxing so we will always value that at a high level. We are taught to stick and move as well as slip punches. I've seen countless thai fights end in knockouts from american fighters with better hands. We deserve our t
respect, keep training hard and promote American Muay Thai while supporting and respecting it's roots.

One Love
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. view

    ReplyDelete